This land was settled around 1831 by Page Blake. From him the country about took the name of “Blake’s Prairie".
Please click on the icons at the top of the page for complete Bloomington Township Meeting Agendas, Minutes, Ordinances, Resolutions, Notices & Bloomington Township members Information.
1. The next Bloomington Township Regular Monthly Board Meeting will be Monday Oct. 7th at 7:00 pm at the Bloomington Township Hall. If there is a topic that you would like to discuss with the Board, please contact the Clerk to be put on the Agenda.
2. The Township's new Assessors, Gardiner, will be holding an introductory meeting before the OCTOBER regular monthly board meeting, starting at 6:30 PM at the Bloomington Township Hall. They will discuss the Township's total revaluation which will start late fall 2019 into 2020 and their assessing procedures. If you have any question or concerns regarding the reval, please plan on attending this meeting so your questions can be answered.
3. AN AMENDMENT TO THE SHORT TERM RENTAL LICENSING ORDINANCE HAS BEEN PASSED. YOU WILL FIND THE COMPLETE ORDINANCE AND AMENDMENT POSTED UNDER THE "ORDINANCES" ICON AND IN 3 PUBLIC PLACES: TOWN HALL, PEOPLES STATE BANK, CLARE BANK AND AT THE TOWN GARAGE/HALL.
4. AN UPDATED RECYCLING ORDINANCE AND COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE PLAN HAS BEEN PASSED. YOU WILL FIND THE COMPLETE ORDINANCE AND C.A.P. POSTED UNDER THE "ORDINANCES" ICON.
The Bloomington Township recycling dump site is open on Wednesday afternoons from noon to 4:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 8:00 am to noon. Please remember to sort &recycle your garbage. This Dump site is for the Bloomington Township residents use only. The complete Township Recycling Ordinance can be found under the Ordinance icon.
In 2020, four elections are scheduled. They are: Spring Primary on 02/18; Spring Election & Presidential Preference Primary on 04/07; Partisan Primary on 08/11; and the General Election 11/03. Visit www.myvote.wi.gov for more information
1. We were informed by the Grant County Conservation, Sanitation and Zoning Dept that building projects in a Floodplain, Shoreland, and/or Comprehensive Zoning area require a zoning permit. The Township of Bloomington adopted a Comprehensive Zoning plan back in 2009 by the Comprehensive Zoning Plan Committee, therefore several small areas within the Township are zoned as residential. These areas include land on Mississippi Lane, Walnut Bluff Road, Jays Landing, and Hoffman Lane.
Zoning permits for structures include but not limited to: barns, agricultural buildings, silos, houses, cabins, garages, pole sheds, garden sheds, semi-truck boxes, signs, retaining walls, decks, patios and fences. Before building, you must contact the Grant County CSZ Department and the Township's building inspector, Brad Smrcina. Failure to contact these people could delay your building project. If you have any questions before you start a project, please call the Township Clerk for further information.
2. A NEW ATV/UTV ORDINANCE HAS BEEN ADOPTED FOR THE TOWN OF BLOOMINGTON. PLEASE CLICK ON THE "ORDINANCE" ICON ABOVE AND READ THE NEW ORDINANCE #2018-7-9.
3. An Alcohol Control Ordinance has been passed for the Township. To read the Ordinance, click on the Ordinances Icon above.
Bloomington Township does not have an Ordinance concerning burning, but it is regulated by the Town Board. Before you start a fire to burn a large pile or area, the Town Board strongly urges you to call and inform our local fire chief, Tom Hoffman of the Bloomington Fire Department and the Grant County Sheriff's Department the location and timing of the burn. We greatly appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Thank you!
This website was created to provide a quick, easy and convenient way for the Bloomington Township residents and landowners to access town board meeting notices and agendas, meeting minutes and other important Bloomington Township information via computer, tablet or cell phone.
Greg Patterson - Chairman
William Erdenberger - Supervisor I
Joseph Kirschbaum - Supervisor II
Mary Sue White - Treasurer
Jane Patterson - Clerk
Andrew (Buck) Crubel - Full time patrolman
Tim Wagner & Bart White - Part-time patrolmen
Fred Plondke - Sanitation Officer
Angela Adams - Assessor
Brad Smrcina - Building Inspector
For more information about our local government please click on the menu icon in the top right hand corner of our website.
Location address: 534 Hwy 35, Bloomington, WI 53804
*Mailing Address: Bloomington Township, %Jane Patterson-Clerk, 10486 Aspen Road, Bloomington, WI 53804
534 Hwy 35, Bloomington, Wisconsin 53804, United States